Cross Stitch, meet modern technology

I decided to try my hand at cross stitch. I heard that you could cross stitch a QR code that would allow guests to connect to your wifi. I thought this would be a fun functional cross stitch!

AND IT WORKED! The picture below is a screenshot from my phone of the camera picking up the QR code and letting me join the network. 


Now for the process:

To get the QR code, I used www.qrstuff.com and picked "wifi" on the left. Once it gives your the code, print it out scaled to size so that each one of the little blocks corresponds to a square in cross stitch.



Then you need to draw a grid through the pattern so that you can clearly see where each square belongs. The came the fun part - dividing the QR code into squares so that every black square would be one stitch. Next you just have to count while stitching and not misplace a single block. Trust me it will not work if it isn't exact. 


I drew out this pattern on graph paper. The style of the letters was taken from another pattern that I had. Although this didn't have all of the letters that I needed so I designed a few that I thought would fit in with the other. Can you guess which letters they were? 


I honestly can't remember but it was maybe the capital letters?


Comments

Popular Posts